Flu can be a very serious illness and the vaccine is highly recommended for patients who are:
- aged 65 years and over
- pregnant women
- pre-school children aged 2 years or more
- primary school children
- aged 6 months or over with heart, lung, kidney, liver, neurological disease, diabetes, impaired immunity
- in receipt of a carer’s allowance or the main carer, or the carer of an elderly or disabled person
For further information about flu, including who should be vaccinated, the signs and symptoms of flu, advice on prevention and how to look after yourself if you get flu, click on the following link: http://fluawareni.info
To ensure the safety of all patients and staff and to abide by Government guidelines on social distancing, this year we are holding our flu vaccination clinics on Level 1 (Ground Floor)
Lisburn Health Centre
Our main flu vaccination clinics will be held on 18 October and 24 October 2020.
Invitation letters to patients eligible to receive the vaccine are being sent out at the end of September 2020.
Patients invited for flu vaccination should adhere to the following instructions:
- Do not attend if you or a member of your household have symptoms of Covid-19. This includes Coronavirus symptoms such as high temperature (38oC or higher, new persistent cough, altered sense of taste or smell.
- If you or a member of your household are awaiting the results of a Covid-19 test.
- If you or a member of your household have been advised to self-isolate.
- Arrive at your exact appointment time and not earlier as we are trying to control patient flow through the building. You should remain in your car until your allotted time. Patients approaching the building early will be asked to return to their vehicle.
- Please wear your own face mask or covering and use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Wear clothing which will enable quick and easy access to your upper arm. Be ready to receive your vaccination when you approach a vaccination station.
- You should attend alone unless assistance is required.
- Bring your invitation letter to your appointment. Ensure you complete the required details on the reserve of the invitation letter and completed the consent details.